Philadelphia: 215.965.1294 F: 215.965.1331 E: email@example.com
Mr. Tecce combines his trial experience as former Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Criminal Division with his engineering background to successfully represent clients in trade secret, patent and other intellectual property matters. A registered patent attorney, Mr. Tecce brings to the courtroom his effective and to-the–point communication skills honed through years of experience as a national television commentator.
A former law clerk to Judge Anthony J. Scirica, Mr. Tecce has been involved in over 175 intellectual property matters - 90 as lead counsel, including antitrust, copyrights, trademarks, cyber-squatting, domain name misappropriation, idea misappropriation, and unfair competition. Mr. Tecce has successfully handled cases on behalf of intellectual property owners, and in defense of charges of infringement and misappropriation in industries such as consumer products and appliances, medical devices, juvenile products, building materials, cosmetics, aircraft manufacturing, telecommunications, artificial turf and other technologies.
In addition to his IP practice, over the years Mr. Tecce has handled significant criminal defense matters, including kidnapping and the killing of a federal witness, organized crime, bank robbery and false reporting cases. He has also successfully represented parties through trial in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. A commercial pilot, Mr. Tecce has also successfully represented plaintiffs in a number of significant aviation accident cases. Mr. Tecce serves on the faculty at the National Institute For Trial Advocacy (NITA). He is often called upon to comment on various matters and has appeared countless times on various national networks such as Bloomberg News, The Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, HLN, Fox Business and NBC's The Today Show.
Although over 98% of civil litigation settles before trial, the first questions your legal team should be asking is what does your case look like at the end of the litigation when its in the courtroom. This outcome-driven approach is a cost-effective method that allows the primary focus to be the issues necessary to obtain the best result.
• AV-Rated lawyer who oversees and participates in an active litigation practice recognized for excellence in patent infringement, intellectual property, trade secret litigation and trial work.
• Registered patent attorney who has tried numerous civil jury trials including patents, theft of trade secrets, restrictive covenants, copyrights, idea misappropriation, catastrophic injury, breach of contract, unfair competition and criminal defense in state and federal courts across the country.
• First-chair experience in dozens of jury trials in state and federal courts
• Represented clients from nationally-known public companies to small start-ups
• Counsel of record in over 300 cases in the Pennsylvania Eastern District Court
• Counsel of record in over 175 intellectual property cases nationwide - 90 as lead counsel
• Bio-medical engineer with quantum physics concentration
• Current commercial, multi-engine and instrument rated pilot
• Represented clients in industries including juvenile products, pharmaceuticals, computer hardware & software, medical devices, consumer products, building materials, cosmetics, commercial aircraft, telecommunications, artificial turf, golf products, internet technology and electronics
• Professor of trial advocacy at NITA National Trial Seminars (2003-present)
• Past professor of trial advocacy at Temple University LLM-Trial Program
• Frequent lecturer at Pennsylvania Bar Institute Annual IP Symposium on patents and trade secrets, and the AIA
• Speaker at 2014 ABA Annual Intellectual Property Meeting
• Authored 2013 article on the The Rise of Criminal Trade Secret Prosecutions “Is Trade Secret Definition an Active Litigation Matter”
• Taught undergraduate courses at Temple University and Camden County College
PRESENTATIONS / MEDIA
• Over 600 appearances on national television and radio including Fox News Network, Bloomberg News, MSNBC, CNBC and NBC's Today Show
• Regular and featured legal commentator for Philadelphia's owned & operated Fox affiliate
• Quoted in USA Today, Fortune Small Business and Time magazine commenting upon intellectual property litigation and clients' matters
Mc Shea / Tecce, P.C., Philadelphia, PA
Founding Partner, 1998 - 2011
• Co-founded general practice firm nationally recognized for excellence in patent infringement, intellectual property and commercial litigation and trial work.
United States Department Of Justice, Washington, D.C.
Special Assistant United States Attorney, 1993-97
• Appointed to represent the government in a multi-count indictment charging an airline and two Federal Aviation Administration Officials with conspiracy to defraud the United States and to lead the investigation into a national political figure's alleged involvement in a fatal aviation accident.
• United States Attorney General’s Commendation, U.S. Department of Justice, 1989, 1990, 1995
• Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Distinguished Service Award, Drug Enforcement Association, 1991, 1993
• United States Department of Transportation-Office of Inspector General Commendation
United States Department Of Justice, U.S. Attorneys Office
Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Assistant United States Attorney (Criminal Division) 1989-93
• Managed and tried to verdict numerous criminal cases including significant anti-counterfeiting investigations and prosecutions from inception through appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, Philadelphia, PA
• Practiced civil litigation with emphasis on intellectual property litigation.
Woodcock Washburn Kurtz Mackiewicz & Norris, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Associate, Intellectual Property Department - 1993-95
• Practice included all aspects of civil intellectual property litigation including jury trials and ITC Section 337 Investigation and exclusion hearing.
Brumbaugh, Graves, Donohue & Raymond, New York, NY
Associate, Intellectual Property Department - 1987-89
• Practice included civil intellectual property litigation including jury trials and ITC.
Honorable Anthony J. Scirica, Judge
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Law Clerk to the Honorable Anthony J. Scirica - 1986-1987
• Prior Technical Experience: includes development, marketing and start-up of hardware/software package for Sentry Medical Systems, Inc., Biomedical Engineering Manager for Kross Medical, Inc., and Product Manager for process-control computer system at Fisher & Porter Corporation.
HONORS & AWARDS
United States Attorney General Commendations (1990, 1991, 1992 & 1995)
United States Department of Justice - Drug Enforcement Administration Commendation (Philadelphia Field Office 1992); (Allentown Resident Office 1991, 1992 & 1993)
United States Department of Transportation-Office of Inspector General Commendation (1995)
United States Patent & Trademark Office (1986)
Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (1986)
Bar of the State of New York (1987)
J.D. - Dickinson School of Law, Pennsylvania State University (1986)
B.A.S. - Bio-Medical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania (1982)
11 Panitch Schwarze Attorneys Named Pennsylvania ‘Super Lawyers’ and ‘Rising Stars’ for 2015 // May 15, 2015
Panitch Schwarze Belisario and Nadel LLP is pleased to announce that Ronald L. Panitch, William W. Schwarze, Martin G. Belisario, Alan S. Nadel, Frederick A. Tecce, and Patricia S. Rogowski have been named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list as six of the top attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2015. Read more
PTAB Rules in favor of BBiTV against Hawaiian Telcom // April 1, 2015
Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP is pleased to announce that today the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) ruled in favor of its client Broadband iTV, Inc. (“BBiTV”). Read more
Panitch Schwarze Partner, Fred Tecce, discusses lawsuit filed by Goldman Sachs Ex-Programmer // February 19, 2015
Fred Tecce and Bloomberg Law's, June Grasso, discuss the case of a former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. computer programmer who filed a malicious-prosecution lawsuit against FBI agents who helped send him to prison for a year before his conviction was reversed. Read more
Panitch Schwarze Successful in Defeating Inter Partes Review Attempt by Unified Patents Inc. // January 8, 2015
Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP is pleased to announce that on behalf of its client, Broad Band iTV (BBiTV), it has been successful in defeating an attempt by Unified Patents, Inc. to initiate an Inter Partes Review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board against BBiTV’s patent. Read more
Panitch Schwarze Partner, Fred Tecce Discusses Suit against Ferrari and Facebook Over Fanpage // October 22, 2014
Fred Tecce and University of San Diego law professor, Lisa Ramsey, discuss a lawsuit filed by a Swiss father and son against Ferrari and Facebook with Bloomberg Law. Read more
Seven Panitch Schwarze Intellectual Property Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers in America 2015 // August 19, 2014
Intellectual Property attorneys from Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP were included in the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers recognized each of these attorneys for their Intellectual Property practice. Read more
Panitch Schwarze Partner, Fred Tecce, Discusses Crackdown on IP Theft from Financial Firms // July 24, 2014
Bloomberg Law and partner, Fred Tecce, discuss crackdown by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office on Intellectual Property theft from financial firms Read more
Panitch Schwarze Partner, Fred Tecce, Discusses the Redskins Trademark Rights // June 18, 2014
CNN discusses the recent ruling to cancel the Washington Rediskins Trademark Registration with Fred Tecce. Play video
Nine Panitch Schwarze Intellectual Property Attorneys Named Pennsylvania "Super Lawyers" and "Rising Stars" for 2014 // May 23, 2014
Panitch Schwarze Belisario and Nadel LLP is pleased to announce that Ronald L. Panitch, William W. Schwarze, Martin G. Belisario, Alan S. Nadel and Frederick A. Tecce have been selected to the Pennsylvania "Super Lawyers" list as five of the top attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2013. Read more
Panitch Schwarze IP Partner Fred Tecce to Argue Appeal before Federal Circuit // May 7, 2014
Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP announces that on May 8, 2014, Frederick A. Tecce will be arguing before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit on behalf of Cross Atlantic Capital Partners (“XACP”) and against Facebook. Read more
Attorney Fred Tecce Discusses Heavy Metal Band Motley Crue Winning A Lawsuit // March 6, 2014
Panitch Schwarze Belesario & Nadel attorney Fred Tecce discusses heavy metal band Motley Crue winning a trade secret lawsuit for their drum solo. Read more
Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel Attorney Fred Tecce, Discusses the Ability To Trademark The Word "Candy" // February 27, 2014
Can a video game company trademark the word "Candy?" Read more
Regulatory and Legal Hot Topics: How to Avoid Trade Secret Problems When you Change Jobs or When you Hire a New Employee // February 27, 2014
Fred Tecce, partner with Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel, LLP will discuss avoiding trade secret problems when changing jobs or hiring a new employee. Read more
Attorney Fred Tecce Discusses Lawsuits Over Claim That Budweiser Beer is Watered Down // February 24, 2014
Trademark attorney, Fred Tecce, discusses Anheuser Busch's trade secrets lawsuit against former employee and the class action suit against Budweiser beer. Read more
Discussion Over High Court Ruling On Police Dog's Sniff of Car With Attorney Fred Tecce and Bloomberg News // February 24, 2014
Bloomberg News and attorney Fred Tecce discuss police dogs and searches without warrants in recent high court rulings. Read more
Patent Attorney, Fred Tecce, Comments On The SEC v. Steven Cohen Case // October 14, 2013
Bloomberg News discussion with attorney Fred Tecce on the Securities & Exchange Commission case with hedgefund manager Steven Cohen. Play video
Is Trade Secret Definition an Active Litigation Matter? // October 8, 2013
Regardless of your role in any litigation, for the foreseeable future, trade secret criminal prosecution is here to stay and we need to conduct ourselves and represent our clients accordingly. Read more
Panitch Schwarze Attorney, Fred Tecce, Speaks About The Mark Cuban Insider Trading Case // October 2, 2013
Bloomberg News interviews Partner Fred Tecce of Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP about insider trading case. Play video
Attorney Fred Tecce On NY Court Ordering Twitter To Hand Over Tweets From Protester - Fox News // August 19, 2013
Court orders Twitter to hand over an Occupy Wall Street protester's message. Play video
Panitch Schwarze Attorney, Fred Tecce, Opines On Privacy And Rights Of Publicity // August 19, 2013
Fred Tecce and Fox News address privacy rights on Kate Middleton photos on the internet and how the French courts will rule on the rights to the photos. Play video
Panitch Schwarze Attorney, Fred Tecce, speaks about UK Insider Trading // August 19, 2013
Partner and attorney Fred Tecce reviews law on a United Kingdom insider trading case. Play video
Panitch Schwarze Attorney, Fred Tecce, Discusses How Bernie Madoff is Playing The "Blame Game" // August 19, 2013
Bloomberg News interviews attorney Fred Tecce about statements made by Bernie Madoff on his financial case. Play video
Fred Tecce, Attorney for Panitch Schwarze Speaks About The Political Blog Suing Its Former Pollster // August 19, 2013
Attorney Fred Tecce is interviewed by Fox News on fraudelant data supplied by a former pollster and court case which is filed. Play video
Panitch Schwarze Attorney, Fred Tecce, speaks about American Express DOJ Lawsuit // August 19, 2013
Justice Department reviews anti-trust case involivng American Express and attorney Fred Tecce discusses on Bloomberg News. Play video
Attorney for Panitch Schwarze, Fred Tecce, speaks about CUOMO vs. Intel // August 19, 2013
Bloomberg News interviews attorney Fred Tecce on a conduct anti-trust case involving Intel computers. Play video
Panitch Schwarze Attorney, Fred Tecce, Speaks About Ex-Moody's Executive Filing a Lawsuit // August 19, 2013
Fred Tecce, attorney and partner at Panitch Schwarze is interviewed on Bloomberg News about Moody's whistle blower lawsuit. Play video
Seven Panitch Schwarze Intellectual Property Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers in America 2014 // August 15, 2013
Intellectual Property attorneys from Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP were included in the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers recognized each of these attorneys for their Intellectual Property practice. In addition, Ronald L. Panitch was named the 'Best Lawyers' 2014 Philadelphia Litigation - Patent "Lawyer of the Year." Read more
Panitch Schwarze Names Fred Tecce Partner // January 1, 2013
Panitch Schwarze Belisario and Nadel LLP is pleased to announce that patent attorney and former Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Criminal Division, Fred A. Tecce, has been named partner of the firm. Mr. Tecce currently focuses his practice primarily on intellectual property litigation. Read more
Panitch Schwarze Belisario and Nadel Intellectual Property Lawyers Named 'Best Lawyers in America' // September 17, 2012
Five Panitch Schwarze Belisario and Nadel LLP attorneys were chosen by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013. A listing in this publication is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a singular honor. Read more
Bloomberg News Interviews Fred Tecce about Patent Litigation Changes in 2011 // May 25, 2012
Attorney Fred Tecce provides overview of patent litigation and law changes and updates including the America Invents Act. Read more
Distinguished Litigation and Intellectual Property Attorney Frederick A. Tecce Joins Philadelphia IP Boutique Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP // January 3, 2012
Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP, a Philadelphia intellectual property law firm, is delighted to announce the addition of veteran litigation attorney Frederick A. Tecce to the firm. Tecce was a partner of McShea & Tecce and is a former Assistant U.S. Attorney where he tried numerous cases. Read more
Mr. Tecce enjoys aviation and has a 30 year career as a commercial, multi-engine, instrument rated pilot having close to 5,000 hours. During this time, he has operated various pressurized complex aircraft.
Keeping with his travel hobbies, he owns and operates a recreational vehicle. Mr. Tecce has travelled as far south as Key Largo, as far west as Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon and as far north as Camden, Maine.
Mr. Tecce is the father of four sons who keeps him busy in his off-time with tennis, soccer and drama.